Sunday, October 10, 2010

Family

"The happiest moments of my life

have been the few which I have passed at home

in the bosom of my family."

- Thomas Jefferson



Ok, so I know I said I am going to try to live in the present, and I am! In fact, I have been...for almost a whole two weeks now! Go me!

However, I still find myself thinking about the future. Not obsessing like before, but just thinking ahead. That's okay, right?

You see, I got to thinking about the future because we traveled to NOLA for my niece's bday this weekend, and I really enjoyed visiting with the fam!

It got me thinking about how little we get to visit with them and how many beautiful moments we don't get to share with them because we're so far apart. I really don't want my boys' futures to be filled (rather unfilled) with so few memories of their NOLA family! It really would be wonderful if we lived closer and we could spend more time with the Rowan clan!

After all, family really is the tie that binds; without a healthy helping of it ever so often, I feel lost and disconnected!

Even though others might say we're loud, crazy, and dysfunctional - they're MY loud, crazy, and dysfunctional family and I wouldn't want it any other way! Besides, "family is like fudge, sweet but with a few nuts" (me being one of the nuts)! By the way, thanks for loving and accepting me for who I am. I love you all so much!

So, here's to my family!

Thanks for a wonderful weekend and the beautiful memories;

hopefully, the future holds many more, more often!





No comments:

Post a Comment