Sunday, December 12, 2010

Happy Holidays

It always happens this time of year; I begin to feel like Charlie Brown..


"I just don't understand Christmas," Charlie Brown said.

"I might be getting presents, sending Christmas cards, and decorating trees, but I'm still not happy. I always end up feeling depressed."


- Charlie Brown; A Charlie Brown Christmas


With all the rushing around, holiday get togethers, shopping, and decorating; it's easy to forget the true meaning of Christmas - the real reason for the season!


This year I vowed to have a stressless rather than stressful holiday season, and so far I believe we've been rather successful. I am learning to say no, be true to myself, and do what's best for my family. Not to mention, I am trying ever so hard to keep the true meaning of Christmas in my heart and trying ever so dearly not to let my inner "Grinch" ruin the holidays!


Most importantly, at the very tip top of my Christmas wish list is my desire to spend as much time with my three men as possible. With all the commercial "hoohah" and stressers this time of year, it's easy to get bogged down, wrapped up, and too busy!


I intend to spend my holidays playing, cuddling, and giggling with all three of my favorite men, and I am going to enjoy every second of it! More than that, I will be giving thanks to our Lord for making those beautiful moments possible!


I wish you all a very merry Christmas, and I hope you all make beautiful memories this holiday season!


"And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.

And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them; and they were sore afraid.

And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring unto you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

For unto you, this day, is born in the city of Bethlehem a savior,
which is Christ the Lord.

That's what Christmas is all about Charlie Brown."


- Linus; A Charlie Brown Christmas

1 comment:

  1. We appreciate all your hard work and love of Christmas. You make the holidays a wonderful time for our family.

    ReplyDelete